Cannot access internal devices

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
edgeit

Cannot access internal devices

Post by edgeit » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:08 pm

Hello All. So we had a softether server running fine for years. It was running on a virtual windows domain controller with DHCP enabled, etc. A local Bridge was configured and SecureNAT was disabled. Devices could get IP's properly from the DC DHCP server and get to all resources on the network over the VPN connection.

Now we installed a new Hyper-V host and migrated the VM's over that that new server. Softether was no longer handing out DHCP addresses. So I deleted and recreated the local bridge setting and it is now in an "operational" state. At this point VPN clients (via the softether windows client) can authenticate and get an address via the DHCP server so that is great. And we are able to ping and access via RDP the domain controller where softether lives. However, we can not get to any other resources on the network (such as an RDP server running on another VM). No other devices on this network are accessible other than the server where softether is located.

All windows firewalls on all hosts and VM's are disabled. There must be some sort of routing setting I am missing but I can not find it. For this to work do I need to enable secureNAT? I am sure it was not enabled before since we literally cloned the old VM to the new host. MAC address spoofing on the guest VM is not present.

Thanks for any help on this. It must be some sort of change we need to set related to the bridge since that is the only thing we recreated.

Much appreciated.

solo

Re: Cannot access internal devices

Post by solo » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:56 am

edgeit wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:08 pm
MAC address spoofing on the guest VM is not present.
Make it present. If not sufficient, in the management OS vNIC set "Port Mirroring" to destination mode, while the VMs to source mode.

edgeit

Re: Cannot access internal devices

Post by edgeit » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:26 am

THANK YOU @solo

I found the Mac address spoofing setting on the host nic. I enabled it there and everything is working perfectly now.

Thanks for taking the time to reply