Server with 2 Dual Network

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
gangooparsad

Server with 2 Dual Network

Post by gangooparsad » Thu May 23, 2013 4:49 am

Hi

This is my first time using Softether for VPN so have alot of question.

I have managed to setup the server and user is connected. can get the IP from the DHCP pool setup in the server but cannot ping the real network.

Our network is abit troublesome where we have a public network for internet and a private network for communications between branch office.

Previously we were using Linksys RV042 with dual wan to allow remote users to login and then add a routing in the router to allow users connected from the public wan to access the private network assets through the private gateway.
This way Remote users were able to login to our local network and with already routing in place were able to connect to the assets on Private interoffice network.

I cant seem to set up in Softether.. i am probably not finding the right sections.

all help guidance is really appreciated.

thanks!!

cedar
Site Admin

Re: Server with 2 Dual Network

Post by cedar » Thu May 23, 2013 10:51 am

Did you try a local-bridge function?

gangooparsad

Post by gangooparsad » Thu May 23, 2013 12:11 pm

cedar wrote:
> Did you try a local-bridge function?

hmm i dont think i have.

ok so apart from the routing, i am actually stuck in the real begining of setting up the VPN, if i dont use the virtual nat and dhcp i cannot get an IP from the server.

how do i setup the virtual nat and dhcp

my physical network router is on 10.150.85.1 and i would like to use the Routers DHCP server to get IPs to vpn clients.

if thats not possible, how to setup the virtual nat and dhcp so that i can be able to access the rest of the resources and machines on physical network

i wanna get the basics down before moving to routing etc

thanks!

cedar
Site Admin

Post by cedar » Thu May 23, 2013 12:50 pm

It is a feature of the local-bridge exactly.

The local-bridge function can connect the virtual hub and your LAN at layer 2 level.
VPN client can get the IP address from router in your LAN by DHCP.