VPNazure (SSTP) no internet connection!!!

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
abdulrhmn

VPNazure (SSTP) no internet connection!!!

Post by abdulrhmn » Wed May 29, 2013 9:59 am

Hello!
When I try to connect to my virtual hub with built-in MS-SSTP, I have to edit the VPN adapter to this option to connect:
Unencrypted Password (PAP) otherwise it gives me this error:
The PPP link control protocol was terminated.
why is that?
And even if i am connected the network works fine but I cannot use my local internet connection any more!
The vpn connection (No internet connection) after 5 sec my internet connection (No internet connection), What is the problem?
P.S.:When i use SoftEther client it works fine.
And thank you.

cedar
Site Admin

Re: VPNazure (SSTP) no internet connection!!!

Post by cedar » Wed May 29, 2013 11:10 pm

> And even if i am connected the network works fine but I cannot use my local internet connection any more!

Please try to disable default-gateway in VPN connection.
http://buchizo.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/image8.png

abdulrhmn

Post by abdulrhmn » Thu May 30, 2013 6:56 am

Thanks, but it is the same thing!!

360sync

Post by 360sync » Thu May 30, 2013 9:44 am

When connecting via built-in MS-SSTP your VPN server has to have certified certificate, or at least installed within the trusted publishers on your connecting device.

CN(Common Name) on the certificate needs to match the connection name/domain also. Once corrected you should be able to connect no problem, found the same experience and the above corrected.

abdulrhmn

Post by abdulrhmn » Thu May 30, 2013 2:34 pm

How to make this?
The virtual Hub is mine!

360sync

Post by 360sync » Thu May 30, 2013 9:49 pm

Hi,

I noticed you mention VPNAzure vs. using a direct connection and therefore your set-up is slightly different. However here's a quick check to see if a change to the connection could help.

----
Open the Windows Network Adapters setting screen on your pc and right-click the VPN connection setting icon. You will see the property screen.

In the property, check that the "Type of VPN" is set to "SSTP (Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol)"
----

If connecting directly without using VPNAzure then you would require the certificate on the VPN server itself.

Hope this helps,