"Virtual network adapter...has been disabled." Can't connect

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Sindo

"Virtual network adapter...has been disabled." Can't connect

Post by Sindo » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:54 pm

I just installed the latest version. When I try to connect, I get "The virtual network adapter being used by the specified VPN connection setting has been disabled. Before using this VPN connection setting, enable the virtual network adapter."

I'm running Win XP SP3.

In the SoftEther VPN Client Manager window, "VPN Gate Connection" reads "Offline." In the lower window, "VPN Client Adapter-VPN" reads "Disabled." When I select "Enable Virtual Network Adapter" nothing happens, it still reads "Disabled."

in my Network Connections window, there are two "local area connections", one with device name "Realtek RTL8168C(P)/81", and the other with device name "TAP-Win32 Adapter V9." Both have status "Network cable unplugged." There's no option to enable them. And I don't have any network cables, I use WIFI exclusively.

The third item in my Network Connections window is "Wireless Network Connection 3" which has status "Connected."

I was able to connect to SoftEther VPNs before, using the older version of the program, vpngate-client-2013.11.24-build-9387.128261

After I installed the 2014.01.08 build, I have had always this error.

I uninstalled it and reinstalled the older version and now the older version also has this same error.

Maybe this has something to do with the fact that I have another VPN installed, Security Kiss. It is working properly.

Can anyone help me fix this problem? Thanks.

UkrZilla

Re: "Virtual network adapter...has been disabled." Can't con

Post by UkrZilla » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:43 pm

Hi Sindo!
You must create new virtual adapter by "Virtual Adapter" - "New Virtual Network Adapter".
There is no any in your Network connections.

"TAP-Win32 Adapter V9." is used by OpenVPN.

Sindo

Post by Sindo » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:18 am

Thanks so much, UkrZilla. Your solution fixed the problem.

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:55 am

Could you re-try with disabling security software?