Unable to RDP into PC on remote LAN

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
terryfied

Unable to RDP into PC on remote LAN

Post by terryfied » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:00 am

I have a LAN at home with 4 machines, 192.168.1.1 is a Server 2008 R2 machine, and .2 through .5 are Win7 PCs and VPN server is on .2. When I VPN in with my laptop connected to a Verizon hotspot, I can RDP into any machine on the remote LAN. However, when I VPN from any other location, I can't RDP into the .2 machine that the VPN server is running on. I've checked client settings and client adapter settings and all are identical. Help?

barrierfr

Re: Unable to RDP into PC on remote LAN

Post by barrierfr » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:12 am

like linux where you cant ssh the vpn server itself, look likes that the same on windows side.

what i did is to run vpn server on a dedicated linux machine (or a virtual dedicated one) and if I want to access it, I have to ssh/rdp another machine and from there ssh the vpn server.

For you, as you're running windows everywhere, i think you have to rdp a first machine and from there rdp your machine where the vpn server reside.

rgds

mesa57

Re: Unable to RDP into PC on remote LAN

Post by mesa57 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:08 pm

With windows it is possible to reach the server machine if the SE server hub is configured in bridge mode.