Computer crashes when creating Virtual Network Adapter

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
reggie25

Computer crashes when creating Virtual Network Adapter

Post by reggie25 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:18 am

Operating system : Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
SoftEther build : 9473.130253
VPN component: Client

When I try to create a Virtual Network Adapter in SoftEther, whilst installing the driver I get a Windows security message pop up "Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software" after the installation my computer freezes and crashes. I have to enter Safe Mode and uninstall the Virtual VPN Network Adapter driver and restart my computer.

I have no idea why this is happening, SoftEther used to work fine on my machine a while ago. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

jcjc1

Re: Computer crashes when creating Virtual Network Adapter

Post by jcjc1 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:27 pm

Try this. I am not sure if it will work though. Boot up to the safe mode screen. Then use the selection that says something like: disable driver signature check. Then retry the installation.

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:17 am

Do you use any security software?

reggie25

Post by reggie25 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:37 am

Sorry for the late reply. I have been attempting to get SoftEther/VPN Gate to work again but still come up against the same problem. Here is an image of the error that pops up for about half a second, to quickly for me to choose an option then disappears. [attachment=0]WP_20141013_003(4).jpg[/attachment]

The current security software I have installed are Windows Security Essentials and the default Windows firewall.

I tried switching off the disable driver signature check but nothing happened.

any more help would be much appreciated,

Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

reggie25

Post by reggie25 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:55 am

I thought whilst I'm at it here is an image of the crash screen that occurs [attachment=0]WP_20141013_004.jpg[/attachment].

I tried choosing the option of install driver software anyway but as I said before the window disappears before I get a chance to choose an option. The only way I could capture an image of it was to put my phone camera onto burst mode.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:58 am

Could you update the video driver?