how to conect to server via server's local IP through SoftEther VPN client?

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
sevpn

how to conect to server via server's local IP through SoftEther VPN client?

Post by sevpn » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:15 am

I have followed setup instructions in the SoftEther documentation to configure SoftEther VPN Server on a remote virtual Windows server. A Local Bridge is configured on the virtual Ethernet (Microsoft) LAN adapter. On this remote virtual Windows server, RDP server is running. The goal here is to use SoftEther VPN to restrict access to the RDP services, allowing SoftEther VPN Clients only to access the server via RDP.

I have a SoftEther VPN Client configured on a local machine to allow bridging. The VPN Client displays that it successfully connects to the VPN Server. However, on the local machine, the VPN virtual adapter shows "no network access" for IPv4 and IPv6. Further, I don't understand how to get the local machine to connect to the remote server via RDP via the VPN's local network. How do I figure out what the server's (and hence the RDP server's) local IP address is? The server's local IP address is not shown anywhere; in all SoftEther dialogue boxes, reports, lists, etc. it is always shown as the public IP address.

What am I doing wrong?

sevpn

Re: how to conect to server via server's local IP through SoftEther VPN client?

Post by sevpn » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:19 pm

Any ideas?

sevpn

Post by sevpn » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:56 am

Giving up on SoftEther for now.

raafat

Post by raafat » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:14 am

What is the original goal that you're seeking for? If you need to restrict access on a specific adapter you could use firewall on Windows machines so that you only allow the ports that you want to pass. Such as the ones that used by the Remote Desktop Connection program. Let's know more about your goal.

sevpn

Post by sevpn » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:48 pm

Hi raafat - thanks for replying.

Yes, obviously I have all ports blocked on the firewall for RDP except 3389. My goal is to also block port 3389 to the public (via firewall) and only allow access to users who have authenticated to the server's local (domain/local) network.

So I'm just wanting to use SoftEther in its most basic configuration: Giving remote users local access to a server via VPN. The most basic use case.

The problem is:
- I have followed setup instructions in the SoftEther documentation to configure SoftEther VPN Server on a remote virtual Windows server. A Local Bridge is configured on the virtual Ethernet (Microsoft) LAN adapter. On this remote virtual Windows server, RDP server is running.

- I have a SoftEther VPN Client configured on a local machine to allow bridging. The VPN Client displays that it successfully connects to the VPN Server.

- However, on the local machine, the VPN virtual adapter shows "no network access" for IPv4 and IPv6.
- Further, I don't understand how to get the local machine to connect to the remote server via RDP via the VPN's local network. How do I figure out what the server's (and hence the RDP server's) local IP address is? The server's local IP address is not shown anywhere; in all SoftEther dialogue boxes, reports, lists, etc. it is always shown as the public IP address.

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:47 am

You should set up a VPN server on local site.
http://www.softether.org/4-docs/2-howto ... M_into_LAN