I can't run VPN Client Manager

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
saladeen

I can't run VPN Client Manager

Post by saladeen » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:13 pm

hello
I have install the program and it was working fine last night but to day I am trying to run the vpn client manager but it is not working and give me a massage saying:
unable to connect to the vpn client service operating on local computer.
make sure the vpn client service has started and is running normally.
can you help me please.
and thanks.

BoredAus

Re: I can't run VPN Client Manager

Post by BoredAus » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:19 am

You need to go into services.msc or under: Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. There should be a service name 'SEVPNCLIENT', make sure under the status column it is listed as started.

saladeen

Post by saladeen » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:16 pm

yes it's running
check the photo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

saladeen

Post by saladeen » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:27 pm

and that is the message when I click on the SVCM
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BoredAus

Post by BoredAus » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:23 am

Check to see that VPN Client manager service is listening on port 9930. This is doable via netstat -a command; which is available under command prompt or grab currports from nirsoft.com. With currports software, make sure that you tick under the options 'Display Items Without Remote Address'.

If the service is actually listening on port 9930 then it could be your firewall setup that is preventing you accessing the service, most likely a firewall software on your PC.

Also try to recall what you did last from between when it was working till when it wasn't working, any extra software installations or configurations may have affected the connectivity.