Newbie Queries - VPNGate OpenVPN config needs Firewall Login

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
jamdroid

Newbie Queries - VPNGate OpenVPN config needs Firewall Login

Post by jamdroid » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:21 pm

UPDATE: After days of regular research and experimenting, I successfully played GTA Online with over 25 players in the lobby yesterday. I used VPN Gate OpenVPN config files.
VPNGate servers changes every now and then and I've to configure accordingly. I was able to log into GTA Online with VPNBook Euro 217 UDP 53 OpenVPN Config even without logging into my Cyberoam Account but with VPNGate I've to log in with Cyberoam Account that too with an staff account we've stolen up :p

Today, while playing it with the new VPNGate server, online logged into successfully with over 25 players in the lobby but everyone left the game suddenly.

I'm happy that I'm proceeding step by step every day and learning new stuff.

Can anyone help me with this? Any other VPN you recommend? Any other OpenVPN config? Any kind of suggestions are appreciated. I'm ready to experiment anything.

ORIGINAL POST:

Hi, I'm new here.

I'm successfully able to configure OpenVPN for my college wifi on which Cyberoam Network Firewall is installed. I'm using VPNBook Config files.
I was previously using Psiphon 3 but was not able to play GTA Online on it. I learned about VPNs and really loved OpenVPN for the thing that while using it I can connect every app with internet including GTA Online but I'm getting empty lobbies or Timed Out Session all the time. I only once connected with a lobby which had 3 players in it.

GTA Online requires the following ports to be open:

TCP Ports: 80, 443
UDP Ports: 6672, 61455, 61457, 61456, and 61458

Config files have many options like using UDP 53,25000 or TCP 80,443. I'm bit new to this networking stuff and reading about everything possible related to this. Guys here may be experts or may have fair knowledge about all this so they could help me try different suggestions so that I can get the game to work. Please try to provide me some explanation too for anything related. I'm posting some of the queries below:

1) While using VPN, do we still need the ISP to open the desired ports? College network guys say that they've opened well known TCP ports but have mostly blocked UDP ports >1000.

2) Anyone here playing online multiplayer games on a restricted net using VPN or do they have any other alternatives?

3) The speed is bit slow. Does this depends all on VPN Server I'm connected to or does this have anything to do with the College Routers (As I'm bypassing them).

4) College have reserved a max of 2mbps speed to every user. We use Cyberoam client to log into our given accounts and connect to the net. While bypassing it with Psiphon or OpenVPN, we can sometimes surf with speed of even 6-10 mbps and that too without logging in. So, should I log into Cyberoam and then use OpenVPN or the other way round?

5) Which one of TCP or UDP config files should I use?

6) Any other networking forum you people know where I might post related queries. I want to learn more about networking.

Any related suggestion and help is highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance. :)

------------------------------------------------

Details required are attached (Using VPNBook currently)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jamdroid

Re: Newbie Queries - VPNGate OpenVPN config needs Firewall L

Post by jamdroid » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:52 pm

ANYONE?