How to change the region of the SoftEther server

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Thegermak

How to change the region of the SoftEther server

Post by Thegermak » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:22 pm

Hallo, I have setup the server and the clients and I don't have any issues, but I can't figure out how to change region to my server. I am currently living in UK and I want to access some sites in Greece and I also want to bypass site restrictions that I am currently having. Is it possible to edit the configuration file and change the region ?
I am using the latest version of SoftEther server and I have install it on a Windows Server 2012 R2 and the clients will be Windows 10 and IOS devices.
Thank you

foxez

Re: How to change the region of the SoftEther server

Post by foxez » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:20 am

You cant change the region, your servers ip adress is bound to a region. For example. If your server is located in greece, websites will think that you are from greece.

If your server is located in sweden websites will think that you are from Sweden and so on.

Thegermak

Post by Thegermak » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:55 am

Hallo, happy new year and thank you for the quick reply.
Is there any other way to bypass site restrictions either in UK or Greece using my own SoftEther server ?

foxez

Post by foxez » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:07 pm

It only depends on where your server is located, if its located in germany and if sites are blocking germans you wont be able to connect.

Thegermak

Post by Thegermak » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:02 pm

Thank you for your time. I will try to create a proxy server and if this doesn't work I will have to use openvpn.