Obfuscating Softether with Stunnel

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
amintnt

Obfuscating Softether with Stunnel

Post by amintnt » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:40 pm

I'm trying to obfuscate Softether connections using stunnel (which means Softether over SSL), since in the country I am in, Iran, deep packet inspection is performed to drop the connections; not all the time, but at some times.
I have succeeded so far and the connection successfully establishes, but there's a problem with that. The applications, e.g. Firefox, do not route traffic through Softether's virtual adapter and instead use my regular connection. To be more precise, it sometimes goes through Softether's vpn connection and sometimes not. Checking filtered webpages or checking my external ip address gives different results, but mostly it's my regular connection that is being used. I managed to changed the metrics in the two network adapters and set Softether's 2, and my regular connection's a high number so that it's Softether's that's taking over, but still the same issue happens. I believe it might be related to https connections somehow, but I'm not sure really.
Any help is appreciated.
-------
Edit 2: The issue seems to be arising from the fact that SoftEther client does not remove the client default gateway after establishing the connection through stunnel. On the other hand, disabling stunnel and connecting to the server the normal way, the default gateway is removed by the client and the new one acquired from DHCP server is set for VPN adapter. So the question is why does this happen when stunnel is used? and how can I fix that?

thisjun

Re: Obfuscating Softether with Stunnel

Post by thisjun » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:06 am

Please delete original default gateway manually.
And please add route to VPN server manually.