SoftEther Windows server and SSTP VPN Client on android

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
AndroidDeveloper

Re: SoftEther Windows server and SSTP VPN Client on android

Post by AndroidDeveloper » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:42 am

the issue has been fixed in the SSTP Client 1.00.21.
The problem was related to a duplicate MSCHAPv2 challenge request sent by the remote server.
Now the duplicate requests are ignored.

glafayette

Post by glafayette » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:15 pm

Hey guys-

Have you got this working? I think I have it working... here's what I have:

PC: Running the SoftEther Server (Using Secure NAT, Virtual DHCP, i.e. not bridged), connected to my home wifi network, cable modem, and to the internet.

PC (physically same device as above): Logged into SoftEther Server using built-in Windows VPN Client

Android: Running SSTP Client and loged into SoftEther Server (via Cellular Connection)

PC appears to have address 192.168.30.10 and Android 192.168.30.11. Everything (PC Server Manager, PC Client Status, and Android Client status) indicates all is connected. On the PC, I attempt to Ping Android on 192.168.30.11 but I get no response. Should I expect the Android to respond or is it normal for it to not respond?

If it is normal to not respond, my next question is... I have another small WiFi device that I would like to connect to my Android via the Android's hotspot. This little device needs a fixed IP address (192.168.0.4 in this case and uses port 3000). Since the hotspot is basically acting like a router, I need to have a port forwarder running on the Android to forward incoming requests from the VPN tunnel to the little device. I used the Port Forwarder app to accomplish this.

When I open the software on the PC that is supposed to work with the little device, I use an IP address of 192.168.30.11 because that is the Android IP address (that should forward on to the little device). Of course I'm here because it's not doing that...

I'm trying to narrow down where the problem is and when I see the Android not responding to the ping from the PC, I'm wondering if maybe the VPN network is not doing what it should be... Perhaps the secureNAT is not routing communication?

glafayette

Post by glafayette » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:17 pm

OK... I think I understand the problem, but I don't understand the fix...

Yes the Android should respond to pings, I tried it with the PC and Android physically connected to the same WiFi network.

With the PC only hooked up I opened up a command prompt and tried to ping the VPN server at 198.168.30.1 and I didn't get a reply. So I think the problem is the when I do the ping it's going out on the wifi adapter directly and not going through the VPN tunnel, hence it does not see the VPN server.

I'm also guessing that when I run the command prompt in windows, whatever method it uses to determine which adapter to use for the ping is the same method that my application connecting to the little device uses.

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:38 am

Please show ping result and routing table.