Kicked Offline after Connecting to VPN

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Mick

Kicked Offline after Connecting to VPN

Post by Mick » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:58 pm

I'm currently at work so I apologize that I don't have the logs to attach, but I am running Windows 10 64 Bit and the latest version of SoftEther with VPNGate plugin.

My list of available VPN populates great, however no matter which one I choose, I connect, I get an IP assigned and then My PC goes offline. It appears that the network config is taking the VPN connection as the primary connection over my Wifi and gives no internet activity. Stranger still when I hover over my connections, my Wifi displays No internet as well. Disconnecting from the VPN immediately puts me back on Wifi with full internet access. I'm not sure what's going on here, any ideas?

Thanks.

Mick

Re: Kicked Offline after Connecting to VPN

Post by Mick » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:08 am

Has no one else had this problem? I still don't understand what it's doing, or how to fix it. I'd really like to see this VPN's capabilities, I really enjoy the VPNgate plugin with the pre-populated lists, it's a great tool... if I could get it to work :)

I can still connect to the server from what it looks like, but the VPN connection in Network Connections looks as if it takes over as the primary connection and dumps my internet connection. Not sure how to keep the internet connection up while routing traffic through the VPN.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

thisjun

Re: Kicked Offline after Connecting to VPN

Post by thisjun » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:55 am

Most OSs (including Windows) can't have multiple Internet access at same time.