No Internet Access from Andoid but Windows works

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
gdlgiii

No Internet Access from Andoid but Windows works

Post by gdlgiii » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:04 pm

I have setup the Softether Vpn on a Netgear ReadyNAS that only has 1 GB NIC connected to my network. my main router is an R7000 Netgear router with UDP 500 and UDP 4500 ports set under Port Forwarding to the ReadyNas device. The ReadyNAS device has a static IP address on my network that has the router's IP set as the preferred DNS and 8.8.8.4 as the secondary DNS. My issue is my Android Tablet and Phone will connect fine to the VPN gateway and can browse local LAN resources BUT cannot browse Internet. If I use a Windows 7 with the Softether VPN client , I can connect to the VPN , browse local resources AND browse the Internet. What am I doing wrong that is preventing the Android devices from connecting to the Internet. I know I can probably place a DNS IP on the VPN connection of the Android device but that creates a split tunnel connection that causes me to not tunnel all traffic through that VPN tunnel. I do not want to use SecureNAT because I read that it has performance issues. Is it because my VPN is behind a NAT Firewall and not directly connected to the Internet via DMZ port assigned from router? I do not have any devices in the DMZ at all.

thisjun

Re: No Internet Access from Andoid but Windows works

Post by thisjun » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:52 am

In latest SoftEther version, SecureNAT is now faster.

Please try to access internet browsing with IP address to determine DNS problem or not.