best way to vpn linux clients and windows clients

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
raceface2nd

best way to vpn linux clients and windows clients

Post by raceface2nd » Thu May 19, 2016 9:52 pm

Dear all,

first of all I want to say, that I find softether great, as it makes life for private vpn pretty easy.

But after a while I stuck on getting following scenario:

Server: Ubuntu with running SecureNAT and VirtualDHCP; DHCP-Subnet is set to 172.16.2.0
Client1: Windows 7 connected via L2TP
Client2: Debian Wheezy - local subnet 172.16.1.0

On client 2 is a service running which needs to be reached by the server and clients 1+3 by connecting to the IP of the local subnet. When I setup the SoftEther client on client 2, it doesn't get an IP address. Is it my fault? How I have to configure the routing table to get routes to client 2 by using it's local IP address to be pushed to the other clients in this case? It's even not possible to connect to client 2 from the server.

The only way establishing connection between VPN and the local subnet of client 2 was establishing a SoftEther bridge with cascading on client 2, but in this case I have not been able to connect to client 2 while I was able to access the whole local subnet from the server and client 1.

Swapping client2 to be the server and server to be client 2 is no option because I do not want to drill a bigger whole into the firewall and NAT of the local subnet of client2.

I appreciate any help on that!

Cheers!

Andy

thisjun

Re: best way to vpn linux clients and windows clients

Post by thisjun » Fri May 27, 2016 8:46 am

What is your goal?

Did you run DHCP client on Client 2?