Site to Site connection connects, but doen't pass the domain through??

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
parkerbranden

Site to Site connection connects, but doen't pass the domain through??

Post by parkerbranden » Wed May 02, 2018 7:22 pm

I have been working on this server now for almost 2 months with little success.

Networking (Specifically VPN) has never been my strong suit, but it is needed at this point. I have my server setup and the bridge setup. I have even gotten successful connections between them in the cascade connections.

What I am trying to do is bring a remote site onto our network and provide it domain access. Every configuration I have tried has failed. It shows connected, but what then.

How does it bring the rest of the remote site onto the domain. Do I need a second NIC connected to a switch to provide communication through the server to the VPN? I have only ever used a Cisco ASA to make a site to site connection, that and a fiber transport line. But this site is too small and they don't want to invest that kind of money into it.

The site has 6-7 computers and will have that many IP phones as well once the VPN goes online. The documentation doesn't do a good job of explaing the physical setup side of the VPN.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

raafat

Re: Site to Site connection connects, but doen't pass the domain through??

Post by raafat » Thu May 03, 2018 11:52 am

Hello there! You said the remote client reaches the "connected state". Make sure the remote client gets an IP address and TRY to ping the IP address of the DC.. waiting for more details so that I can help you greatly!

parkerbranden

Post by parkerbranden » Tue May 08, 2018 5:56 pm

It's testing time here at the school so it's been tough to get to the site to work on this.

However, if memory serves I did this. I got 2 channels connected in the cascade. But it wasn't pingable from the DC.

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Wed May 23, 2018 7:59 am

Configuration depends on the configuration of both networks.
Could you show it?