How to enter password / UID to connect bridge to server?

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
wataylor

How to enter password / UID to connect bridge to server?

Post by wataylor » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:00 am

We set up a VPN server in another network. I can connect a client on my network to the server on the other network. My PC with the client can see all the PCs in the other network and the other network PCs can see mine.

Instead of using a client, we want to set up a bridge from my network to the other network. The documentation says:

Next we'll make a cascade connection from the Osaka VPN Bridge's Virtual Hub to the Virtual Hub on the Tokyo LAN. For user authentication, we'll enter the username and password we registered to the Virtual Hub on the Tokyo LAN. (Or provide the X.509 authentication certificate and private key if using client certificate authentication.) Now we'll set our created cascade connection to "online" status. At this point, confirm that the cascade connection's connection status is set to "Online (Connection Established)".

I can't find where to enter the user name and password when I try to connect the bridge to the server, When I use the GUI on Windows, the user name is always Administrator and I can't change it. I get an error about bad password.

When I try to run the bridge on Linux, I can't find information how to enter the user name and password when I start the bridge from the command line, and I haven't figured out how to run the bridge GUI on Linux.

We know the server setup is correct because I can connect via a client on one PC, but we want to connect the two networks together by running a bridge

thisjun

Re: How to enter password / UID to connect bridge to server?

Post by thisjun » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:41 am

Please enter VPN bridge host address when you configure the bridge.