VPN SUPER SLOW!!!

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
ccmks

VPN SUPER SLOW!!!

Post by ccmks » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:07 pm

Hello

I just bought a Windows VPS with specs of dual core xeon, 2GB of RAM, and decent amount of HDD to accommodate my stuff. I also got 100 Mbps up and down connection for internet.

I bought 2 public IP. One of them is for accepting connection, and the other I use for VPN client IP address. Here is the scenario. I will be connecting to VPN server and have my VPN client NIC hard codded with secondary public IP address and will be browsing using the second public IP address.

I setup the softether on the server, put the first NIC card as local bridge and setup on client site. It connects and I can get out to internet as I expect to be with secondary public IP as my IP address.

HOWEVER, the only thing that it is very slow. I only got about 1 Mbps effective throughput if I am using VPN. My ISP has fiber with 20 Mbps up and down. I should be getting way more faster throughput on this.

FYI, the VPS is located in Arizona, CA and my location is located in Indonesia. I know it is very far apart between 2 different location but I just don't get any acceptable speed when using VPN. I did run throughput testing tool on Softether and it came out with about 20 Mbps as the effective throughput. Not sure why I am getting SUPER slow internet when connecting to softether.

Thank you

thisjun

Re: VPN SUPER SLOW!!!

Post by thisjun » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:53 am

How to measure the throughput?
HTTP is affected by delay.
Please try to measure the throughput with throughput testing tool on Softether when you connect the VPN.