Comercial VPN noobie question

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
cheesegrator

Comercial VPN noobie question

Post by cheesegrator » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:53 am

Hey guys,

(I asked this already over at the OpenVPN forums... but didn't realise i would need a commercial license to use their software)

Im looking to setup my own commercial VPN, I have the front end built and mostly ready (Node.js), but I have literally no idea where to begin to setup the backend SoftEther VPN Server.

Could some one please point me in the right direction, the Forums look great but slightly overwhelming.
I was initially looking at potentially outsourcing the servers from a reseller, but figured Id build it myself, so I have full control.

This is what im hoping to do:
I want to have multiple subscribers to the server, and be able to limit access according to whether their subscription is active or not. like I said, I already have a subscription front-end running, so I guess my SoftEther VPN install would query to see whether a potential connect has a valid subscription before allowing access. I don't plan on data-limiting. (unless of course it is trivial to setup)

any help, or pointers would be super appreciated!
thanks in advance.

:)

thisjun

Re: Comercial VPN noobie question

Post by thisjun » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:36 am

1. Create subscribe and non-subscribe group.
2. Configure access list to restrict non-subscribe access network.
3. If some user subscribes, move the user to subscribe group by using vpncmd.

cheesegrator

Re: Comercial VPN noobie question

Post by cheesegrator » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:37 am

thisjun wrote:
> 1. Create subscribe and non-subscribe group.
> 2. Configure access list to restrict non-subscribe access network.
> 3. If some user subscribes, move the user to subscribe group by using
> vpncmd.

thanks!