Correct way remote access 2 Host LANs on one VPN server

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
red

Correct way remote access 2 Host LANs on one VPN server

Post by red » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:10 pm

I am confused as to how to set-up SoftEther on a (virtualized) host server to provide some remote access users with access to LAN "A" and other remote users access to LAN "B",

The Windows server hosting SoftEther has two network interfaces (A and B).

FWIW, I have SoftEther running fine providing remote access to LAN A, just not sure how to bring LAN B into the picture. The docs seem confusing to me.

Thanks for any pointers.

raafat

Re: Correct way remote access 2 Host LANs on one VPN server

Post by raafat » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:11 pm

Usually you can achieve that by creating a hub, let's call B hub, then bridge B hub to a LAN that you want to connect your remote connections to. as per your situation, you could create two hubs, A hub, B hub, then bridge each of them to the desired LAN, in other words, A hub to A LAN, B hub to B LAN, and of course as i stated earlier, you have to bridge A hub to A LAN and B hub to B LAN.

Note : i suppose that your LANs that you desire to connect to remotely are physical LANs, that is why was suggested to bridge your hubs to your LANs, in case your LANs are VPN-contained no need to bridge them at all. clearly, the more details you provide the more clear best-to-fit answer you get.

Good luck (: