SoftEther Windows Client Pre-shared Key

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
KatyComputer

SoftEther Windows Client Pre-shared Key

Post by KatyComputer » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:37 pm

To troubleshoot problems I am having accessing SMB shares across the VPN, I thought I would install the SoftEther VPN client (I was using native Windows 10 VPN functionality).

Does the SoftEther Windows client allow entry of the Pre-Shared key? I cannot find it in the main or advanced properties screens.

I am on build 9669.

Thank you for your help.

cmd wh0ami

Re: SoftEther Windows Client Pre-shared Key

Post by cmd wh0ami » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:29 pm

I'm guessing your issue is you not making a Cert for your user inside the virtual hub. for this to work you need to make 2 cert and private key pairs. One for the server/client (which is pretty easy to figure out).... And a second cert for your user that is signed by the first cert.

To make the User cert you have to go into server manager/Manage Virtual Hub/Manage Users/select the username/Edit/Create Certificate.

Then you need to sign the User Cert with the Server/Client Cert. Its self explanatory as long as you already made the Server/Client Cert and it's on your computer.

Then once you have the User Cert go into SoftEther Client manager/right click your connection/Properties/Auth Type select Client Certificate Authentication

And load your User Cert that is signed by the Server/Client Cert...

I know its hard as hell to get help like this, if you want, I just recently set up a discord server (instant messenger chat) (you don't have to download the app). I can walk you through it faster there.
here's a invite link: https://discord.gg/QByKXA9
VPN Discord invite: https://discord.gg/QByKXA9

TimPumb

Post by TimPumb » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:34 pm

I don't understand how to connect softether VPN client which I have installed to my Asus router to Windows Server VPN Server which require a pre-shared key in connect settings? Excuse me, if the answer is very simple and you do not want to write it, then please leave a link to solution.

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Tue May 21, 2019 6:53 am

What VPN protocol do you want to use?