Radius / Azure MultiFactor Auth (MFA) - User Auth timeout?

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
odium

Radius / Azure MultiFactor Auth (MFA) - User Auth timeout?

Post by odium » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:00 am

Hello All,

I am not sure if this is a softether vpn client issue or vpn server. I hope the expertise of all here will help me find the right path.

I am attempting to use Azure MFA for authentication of users on VirtualHubs. First I wish to review the process of how this "MFA" (Multifactor) works.
(https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/docum ... ntication/)

1) User attempts to make connection and radius authentication is used.
2) Radius Auth request triggers a phone call to user.
3) User picks up phone (X seconds later) and authenticates the session request.
4) Radius auth successful (or failure) is sent back from the request in step #2.

This all works fine in relation to the backend requests for user; the issue is timout. When using the Softether vpn client (windows) the client will close the connection attempt after about 10-15 seconds waiting for the processes above to be completed. Using a timeout value on the radius server settings in vpnserver configuration (10000) yielded no positive results. IT WORKS FINE when I beat the timeout answering the phone and completing the process.

My primary question is; where is the client timeout setting for waiting for "User Auhentication" process to complete? I need the ability to wait for 60-90 seconds for the 'end user' to finish the phone process.

Thanks for reading. If you have any questions please let me know.

SoftEther VPN Server (Ver 4.21, Build 9613, beta)
Radius (good) Works when I beat the timeout I am trying to find and fix...