Server Setup

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
ermac

Server Setup

Post by ermac » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:35 pm

I am trying to setup a Softether server but cant get it to work. Any help would be appreciated THX

fenice

Re: Server Setup

Post by fenice » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:51 am

ermac wrote:
> I am trying to setup a Softether server but cant get it to work. Any help
> would be appreciated THX

The statement '...can't get it to work' is rather vague. What is the operating system on which you're installing Softether? What is it that doesn't work? Which tutorial (there are tons on the internet) or documentation have you read and followed? A description of what you've done so far and the results would go a long way to providing the information for people to help you. ;)
Regards

Bill

ermac

Post by ermac » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:59 am

fenice wrote:
> ermac wrote:
> > I am trying to setup a Softether server but cant get it to work. Any help
> > would be appreciated THX
>
> The statement '...can't get it to work' is rather vague. What is the operating system
> on which you're installing Softether? What is it that doesn't work? Which tutorial
> (there are tons on the internet) or documentation have you read and followed? A
> description of what you've done so far and the results would go a long way to
> providing the information for people to help you. ;)

Ok, i can connect to the vpn in my LAN but not from the outside. I have followed the website tutorials and some youtube videos and some others on different sites. I am using windows for the server.

fenice

Post by fenice » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:38 pm

The next obvious question is, have you opened the correct ports in your firewall or NAT router and forwarded them to the to the SoftEther server?
Regards

Bill