setup SoftEther VPN for privateinternetaccess.com?

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
xrmb

setup SoftEther VPN for privateinternetaccess.com?

Post by xrmb » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:48 pm

Hi there,

I am currently using OpenVPN to connect to my VPN provider privateinternetaccess.com. I have "hand written" the OpenVPN config files and they work great, but OpenVPN is such a CPU hog and the connection speeds suffers from it.

I am wondering if anyone has managed to use SoftEther VPN with PIA, or if there is a way to load/convert OpenVPN configuration files.

I take every little hint!

Thanks in advance.

moatazelmasry

Re: setup SoftEther VPN for privateinternetaccess.com?

Post by moatazelmasry » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:46 pm

Hi there,

To be honest I think you will get a better answer on the OpenVPN forum instead of SoftEther, since this question has little to do with SoftEther.

OpenVPN is not that bad CPU wise, but it is not optimal either. Anyways you need to post your config OpenVPN config somewhere if we are going to help you

xrmb

Post by xrmb » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:52 am

Well, my OpenVPN config is working flawless, I was looking here to find a way to configure with SoftEther VPN. If I understand it right SoftEther can connect to OpenVPN servers... right? I just can't get it to work, neither with PIA nor my personal OpenVPN server.

I might give SoftEther Client and Server a try for my VPN, but it won't help with online VPN providers.

moatazelmasry

Post by moatazelmasry » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:55 am

To be honest I'm not sure which protocols are supported through the SE client. But again this is really not something that SE will make better. I suspect there's a problem either the OpenVPN server or client configurations.

Ask your provider whether they have an openvpn client configuration sample and ask them why your client is consuming so much CPU

Good luck