Port forward to SoftEther client

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
s-zoli

Port forward to SoftEther client

Post by s-zoli » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:30 am

Greetings SoftEther forum!

I've set up a SoftEther server at my VPS, using SecureNAT. I have a dedicated IP address to the VPS and my goal is to forward port to client.
I have a Raspberry Pi, which is highly portable, using from different networks and I need to reach it every time I want.
Currently my solution is to connect my PC and the RPi to the same virtual hub and using the local IP (for example 192.168.30.11) I can reach it.
I found one solution to disable SecureNAT and set up a tap bridge and use external DHCP server. My problem is, that if I want to set up a new tap device, it's status remains error.
Is there any way to reach my RPi without needing to connect to the SoftEther virtual hub (for example forwarding some ports to softether client)?
I'm new to networking, but have some knowledge.
I'll be happy if you can suggest any tutorial how to do it, or some description. :)

thisjun

Re: Port forward to SoftEther client

Post by thisjun » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:58 am

I think your first solution is on going right way.
You need to configure port-forward on VPS with iptables.

s-zoli

Post by s-zoli » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:29 am

Port forwart to where?
There is no interface to softether, where I can set any forwarding.

Softdog

Post by Softdog » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:42 pm

What OS do you use on your VPS?
Generally speaking you don´t use forwarding TO your server, but from.
As in, forward all incoming traffic on port 21 to this IP....... instead.
You don´t need SoftEther to do that, you can use pretty much any hardware or software routing like for ex. iptables as suggested by thisjun.
If I have understood you correctly you want to be able to reach your RPi wherever it might be in the world.
As far as I know, that is not possible without RPi connecting to your VPN-server first to get authenticated and receive an IP-address to your network. On a windows client you may set your VPN-client to automatically connect at boot but I don´t know if that´s possible on RPi (should be with any modern linux t.b.h).