Browser will not connect with internet

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
moatazelmasry

Re: Browser will not connect with internet

Post by moatazelmasry » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:30 pm

This is a sign that something is very wrong.
Are you using SecureNAT or bridge?
Can you tell a bit about your environment, which vpn protocol etc...

treintje2002

Post by treintje2002 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:49 am

Hi Kevin,

Apart from the request for some more info from the previous poster (which is what one needs to give proper advise), I think that you should ALSO define what you expect here.

Do you WANT internet traffic to go over the vpn, or do you explicitly DON'T want this traffic over VPN?

But beware: In case of the first, even if all is set-up ok, the internet gateway on the VPN-site may still block the traffic.
For instance I have had Fritzboxes block this traffic, while Speedtouches and Linksys boxes let it pass traffic just fine (with identical Softether-config). Now, these are consumer boxes provided by the ISP, so you might have very little options to fix this in these boxes.
In case of connecting to a professional environment you might even have less chance to fix it when you are not one of the admins (which makes what you're doing probably highly illegal anyway). However, if you are one of the admins, your chances are good.
My point: no 100% guarantee for success....

In case of the second (NO Inet traffic over vpn), this should always be "do-able".

Please provide your intentions/expectations regarding the routing of internet-bound traffic...

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:27 am

Please increase metric value of virtual NIC.