Help for understanding bridge setup

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
cij

Help for understanding bridge setup

Post by cij » Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:14 am

Hello,

on of our partner has a running softerVPN server on a virtual server with different virtual hubs. One of the virtual hubs is now setup for us to connect our pcs with the vpn network. We have a server in the datacenter where different software aplication is running, the aplication need a connection to on printer over ther internal TCP-IP not VPN-IP. Now we have try following things:

1) Create two new brdige users on virtual hub
2) Install on one internal pc the softether bridge software and connect with the virtual hub
3) Install on the server in the datacenter the softether bridge software and connect with the virtual hub
4) When I check the IP-Tables I can see all internal subnets from both side datacenter and internal office

What I need or can I doo that I can ping from the 192.168.80.0/24 net (datacenter) the internal office devices located in subnet 192.168.90.0/24? Or is this not possible with this setup? On bot sides internal office a DHCP is running for 192.168.90.0/24 network and in datacenter a second DHCP is running for 192.168.80.0/24 subnet. Is this maybee with a routing possible?

I´m not sure if the partner need to create a bridge mode for the virtual hub on the softether vpn server? But is there a security issue regarding the other existing virtual hubgs?

Thanks in advanced

solo

Re: Help for understanding bridge setup

Post by solo » Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:58 pm

cij

Post by cij » Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:28 am

Hello,

thanks for your reply, I have checked the solution with layer 3 but I get not running the setup. Just to clearify if my unterstanding is working:

1) PC side A and PC side B are connected via Softether Bridge with the same hub in datacenter
2) The VPN server is directly connected to the internet over wan without switch / router etc. and a public static ip address

What we are trying to accomplish, we need to get the internal networks not the VPN networks to communicate. Problem we can not make settings on the routers and switches. Therefore if necessary we would have to do the routing via the Windows PCs A and B.

Now my question, is it technically solvable and if so you might experience the practice here because unfortunately I reach my limits.

Thanks in advanced and sorry

solo

Post by solo » Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:06 pm

cij wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:28 am
1) PC side A and PC side B are connected via Softether Bridge with the same hub in datacenter
Incorrect, use separate hubs, review the docs...
https://www.softether.org/4-docs/1-manu ... 3_Switches
and
https://www.softether.org/4-docs/1-manu ... ork_Layout

"we need to get the internal networks not the VPN networks to communicate. Problem we can not make settings on the routers and switches. Therefore if necessary we would have to do the routing via the Windows PCs A and B."

L3 switch does what you expect on LAN, not VPN, just adapt the above-linked forum example and only change the names and subnets, then add static routes to PCs.