Active Directory connection - Logon Scripts

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Stuntman

Active Directory connection - Logon Scripts

Post by Stuntman » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:37 pm

I am trying to move our company to SoftEther VPN.. so far I have been able to get our users to log into our domain, using NT authentication, but while they do get onto our network, they don't appear to have 'joined' the network as far as any security is concerned.. so when they try to run logon scripts or access network shares they are treated as unauthenticated users.

Is there a way around this?

Using LT2P with pre-shared key on Windows 2003 network, with SoftEther VPN server running on Windows 8 platform that is joined to our network.

Thank you in advance!

thisjun

Re: Active Directory connection - Logon Scripts

Post by thisjun » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:57 am

I think VPN client just auth VPN with NT domain, however the client host doesn't join the NT domain.
Please do these separately.

Stuntman

Post by Stuntman » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:22 pm

thisjun wrote:
> I think VPN client just auth VPN with NT domain, however the client host
> doesn't join the NT domain.
> Please do these separately.

I am having trouble finding out exactly how to get my remote client to join the domain after joining the network. Other than a login script that maps network drives via domain credentials.

I also am having trouble configuring the VPN to use the remote DNS server for lookups as it tends to want to use the local DNS to the host, thus failing when looking up remote network machines via internal FQDN.

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:26 am

> I am having trouble finding out exactly how to get my remote client to join the domain
> after joining the network. Other than a login script that maps network drives via
> domain credentials.

What dose mean "join the domain"?
I think "join the domain" is login by domain user.

> I also am having trouble configuring the VPN to use the remote DNS server for lookups
> as it tends to want to use the local DNS to the host, thus failing when looking
> up remote network machines via internal FQDN.
Please provide DNS suffix by DHCP.