Help Setup

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
skullknock

Help Setup

Post by skullknock » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:59 pm

Hello !
i want use softEther vpn as my private vpn (im using openvpn)
Here is my questions
1.Is there any guide "how to set up server in Debian (7, 8, etc)"

2.Is possible to make client accounts like openvpn for each pc im using cuz i dont want same password for my android and for my laptop...

3. Do i need icmp packets Enabled to use the server(net.ipv4.icmp_ignore_all = 1 unable to ping my server)

4.What is the configuration for the firewall(iptables(ports,rules etc) requires before install the server

Thanks!

thisjun

Re: Help Setup

Post by thisjun » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:57 am

>1.Is there any guide "how to set up server in Debian (7, 8, etc)"

Please refer this manual.
http://www.softether.org/4-docs/1-manua ... igurations

>2.Is possible to make client accounts like openvpn for each pc im using cuz i dont want same password for my android and for my laptop...

SoftEther supports multiple account.

>3. Do i need icmp packets Enabled to use the server(net.ipv4.icmp_ignore_all = 1 unable to ping my server)

If you want to use VPN over ICMP, yes.

>4.What is the configuration for the firewall(iptables(ports,rules etc) requires before install the server

Please open ports that you want to use.

skullknock

Post by skullknock » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:31 pm

thanks , there is no debian in manual or ubuntu, i never used cent os or fedora before
and there is no way to install them into my vps
anyways thanks

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:53 am

There isn't official guide about installation on Debian. However I think you can find unofficial guides by google.

skullknock

Post by skullknock » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:04 pm

There is no Debian Guide to setup :/

fenice

Post by fenice » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:21 pm

skullknock wrote:
> There is no Debian Guide to setup :/

They do have wonderful search engines on the internet these days, use one of those and and search for the words "softethervpn" & "debian" then read the articles you'll find or you could even download the source code and try building it - it's not that difficult and configuration is just the same as every other linux distribution.
Regards

Bill

skullknock

Post by skullknock » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:25 pm

fenice wrote:
> skullknock wrote:
> > There is no Debian Guide to setup :/
>
> They do have wonderful search engines on the internet these days, use one of those
> and and search for the words "softethervpn" & "debian" then
> read the articles you'll find or you could even download the source code and try
> building it - it's not that difficult and configuration is just the same as every
> other linux distribution.

i tried all google articles with guides and tutorials(all google results up to page 5) >>>>>and the result was to Destroy my vps and re-setup(by the hosting company) was needed

fenice

Post by fenice » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:34 pm

skullknock wrote:

> i tried all google articles with guides and tutorials(all google results up to page
> 5) >>>>>and the result was to Destroy my vps and re-setup(by the
> hosting company) was needed

How is anyone here supposed to know what you've already tried, we're not mind readers. You've also given not details or information about the exact steps you've done nor what the problem was that caused your VPS to be 'destroyed', unless you give details steps on what you've done then nobody will be able to offer you any advice.
Regards

Bill

skullknock

Post by skullknock » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:37 pm

fenice wrote:
> skullknock wrote:
>
> > i tried all google articles with guides and tutorials(all google results up to
> page
> > 5) >>>>>and the result was to Destroy my vps and re-setup(by the
> > hosting company) was needed
>
> How is anyone here supposed to know what you've already tried, we're not mind
> readers. You've also given not details or information about the exact steps you've
> done nor what the problem was that caused your VPS to be 'destroyed', unless you give
> details steps on what you've done then nobody will be able to offer you any advice.

I give up openvpn is enough for me :/