Unable to communicate from LAN to L3 Virtual Switch

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
bjsrcc

Unable to communicate from LAN to L3 Virtual Switch

Post by bjsrcc » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:43 pm

Hi Allvmx

If anybody can assist with the following issue it would be greatly appreciated.

I've setup a LAN to LAN Bridge using Layer 3 IP Routing.
Head Office Subnet: 192.168.3.0/24
Branch Office Subnet: 192.168.0.0/24

I've installed and configured VPN Server on a virtual machine at my Head Office. VM is running Windows Server 2008 R2. Promiscuous Mode is set to Accept, the Virtual Adapter in my Head Office VM is vmxnet3.

The LAN to LAN Bridge is established. From my VPN Server I can communicate with all devices at my Branch Office.

However, my issue is at Head Office. From my Desktop computer I cannot ping the IP address I have assigned to the virtual interface for my Head Office LAN.

I appreciate anybody who might be able offer me some assistance to get this resolved so that devices on my Head Office LAN which I add a static route to will communicate through the virtual interface on my VPN Server to devices at my branch office.

If more information is required, please let me know.

Many thanks.
Bjsrcc

bjsrcc

Re: Unable to communicate from LAN to L3 Virtual Switch

Post by bjsrcc » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:36 pm

My apologies if anybody spent anytime trying to troubleshoot this issue for me.

I stupidly wasn't concentrating and made a silly mistake which was the cause of me not being able to communicate with the virtual interface assigned to my virtual switch on our local LAN.

Problem was solved immediately after checking my promiscuous mode settings in vSphere. It was set to reject which I thought I had changed it to accept.

Good news is my LAN to LAN bridge with L3 IP Routing is working brilliantly.

Thanks