Cannot connect to VPN

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
johannes1702

Cannot connect to VPN

Post by johannes1702 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:19 pm

Hey,

I have installed SoftEther VPN on a Raspberry which is behind a DD-WRT Router and I'm trying to connect with my iPhone through IPSec. However I get the message that the VPN Server is not responding. ("VPN-Server antwortet nicht")

I have set up port forwarding:
[attachment=0]ports.JPG[/attachment]

I think I made the necessary configurations in the server manager and I have the green bubble in front of the server saying it is online.

I have also set up DDNS and it correctly resolves to my home IP. I can also access another Raspberry through the URL without any issues.

Any ideas? Really appreciate your help. :-) I'm a total VPN starter so please let me know if I need to provide some more details. :-)

BR Jo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

moatazelmasry

Re: Cannot connect to VPN

Post by moatazelmasry » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:40 am

SoftEther does not support IPSec Tunneling mode (also known as IPSec, IKEv1, etc..)

SoftEther supports L2TP, which in turn uses IPSec transport (i.e. it uses IPSec protocol for encryption and integrity check).

If I however misunderstood, and you are actually using L2TP, then please show the serve_log of SoftEther

cheers

johannes1702

Re: Cannot connect to VPN

Post by johannes1702 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:44 pm

Hi moatazelmasry,

many thanks for pointing this out to me. Issue was that I had configured it for IPSec on my iPhone instead of L2TP. :-( Changed that and now it works.

JOhannes