SoftEther Suspicious Activity?

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Kittenzok

SoftEther Suspicious Activity?

Post by Kittenzok » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:17 am

Ive used the Softether VPN client for a while now on multiple computers. Installed it a few weeks ago on my main PC. I noticed that sometimes the client would use up to 15 mbps on my internet connection without it being active. This cased my internet to be slow and really sucked. I tried killing the process in the task manager but it kept coming back every few seconds. this happened once or twice and then stopped. I thought nothing of it, and a few days later i notice that i am banned from 4chan,

4chan <noreply@4chan.org>
Feb 6 (4 days ago)

"to me
We're pleased to inform you that your 4chan ban appeal (#8065018) has been accepted. Before posting again, please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Rules (https://www.4chan.org/rules).

You may now post again on the applicable board(s).

--4chan

Your appeal was:
================

im not sure why i was banned, my IP is not a VPN exit node. im not sure what else to say. "

Obviously i am not a VPN exit node, this confused the hell out of me. I didn't even think about it at the time. Lucky for me , the good people at 4chan unbanned me.

A few days later I'm having internet problems again, and by this time i had forgotten about the last tim this happened and just shut off my PC.

a few days later :
https://image.ibb.co/frMuMF/Screen_Shot ... _35_AM.png

Im confused as i have not enabled any setting to become a relay.

Kittenzok

Re: SoftEther Suspicious Activity?

Post by Kittenzok » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:20 am

tl;dr someones been using soft ether to spam on 4chan using my IP address

moatazelmasry

Post by moatazelmasry » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:14 pm

Is this happening on one machine only? Maybe your PC is a part of some botnet. Install wireshark and record the network activity when you are inactive

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:59 am

Did you use VPN Gate plug-in?
Depending on configuration, VPN Gate plug-in can provide network sharing .