L2TP connection error

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
semola

L2TP connection error

Post by semola » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:56 pm

Hi All,

I'm installed Softether VPN on a raspberry and I have configured succesfully the L2TP protocol. The Raspberry was connected to internet via ethernet.

Yesterday I have changed the connection type from ethernet to Wlan, changing the bridge and using the same IP address that I have before change.

Now I cannot connect to my VPN and I don't see any log for troubleshooting.

Can You help me? Is there a folder where I can see the logs?

Thanks
Marcello

Pandora-Box

Re: L2TP connection error

Post by Pandora-Box » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:21 pm

Hello semola,
after changing your connections from ether to WiFi, did you adjust local bridge NIC interface it is using while on WiFI? I mean which LAN adapter your virtual hub is using.
I have also noticed, when I switch SE server from ether to WiFi, I can connect and authenticate, but I am not getting DHCP address, I have to set it up manually on the client to be able to browse remote VPN network.
I hope this might help.
Good Luck
P-B

semola

Post by semola » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:06 pm

Hi,

I have configured the WiFi adapter using the same values (ip_address, subnet mask, etc) there was using on the ethernet interface (static IP)
About Virtual Hub I have deleted the virtual hub using the ethernet interface and I have created e new one with the WiFi Interface.

The connection reaches the VPN Server (if I see the property of server, I see packets moving when the phone tryes to connect).

Thanks

Marcello

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:14 am

Please check server_log directory in same directory of executable file.