Mobile & wifi usage of Android client connected to Softether

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Naveen

Mobile & wifi usage of Android client connected to Softether

Post by Naveen » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:00 am

Hi Team

My android app is connected to the Softether VPN.Now I would like to monitor the usage (Mobile data and Wifi) of my phone in the VPN server. Can I check the sent and received bytes with respect to each IP or sites accessed in the phone.

Can I acheive this using Softether VPN server ? If yes , Please let me know how can I implement this

moatazelmasry

Re: Mobile & wifi usage of Android client connected to Softe

Post by moatazelmasry » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:43 am

IP/User yes. Per Site No

There are many ways to monitor the amount of data consumed. SoftEther can not differentiate between Mobile and WiFi traffic. This is something to be done on the OS level (i.e. android)

When a VPN session is established, you can see in SoftEther how much data consumed by that user session. In the UI, go to your Hub, then Sessions, double click on the session to see the details. The same can be done using vpncmd

If the user is defined in SE (i.e. not a freeradius user), then you can also click on the user in the user list, to see how much data have been consumed since the user creation.

In other VPN solutions like Strongswan, when you are using freeradius, you can enable accounting, which will save in radius, the amount of data consumed. But as far as I know, there is no accounting in SE

Cheers,
Moataz