I can't connect to local VPN Bridge via VPN Server Manager

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
tesbuset

I can't connect to local VPN Bridge via VPN Server Manager

Post by tesbuset » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:49 am

Hello all,

I am trying to build a cascade connection from VPN Bridge (Linux) to VPN Server. The VPN Server is ready for connection, but i get stuck in initial configuration for the VPN Bridge using VPN Server Manager.

The connection keeps failed with message "Connection to the server failed. Check network connection and make sure that address and port number of destination server are correct.". There is nothing wrong with network connection as my laptop is in the same LAN network (not separated with Internet) with the VPN Bridge. And for port, i have tried all available options for connection such as 8888, 443, 5555, and 992. But nothing works.

For the administration mode, i chose "Server Admin Mode" with blank password. I also tried using "Virtual HUB Admin Mode", but it resulted connection failed as well.

As for the installation i follow the tutorial here https://www.softether.org/4-docs/1-manu ... igurations

This may be a little problem, but this is so disturbing for me.. Have you guys ever got any related experience or resolve this issue?

Thank you,
tesbuset

rHipsh

Re: I can't connect to local VPN Bridge via VPN Server Manag

Post by rHipsh » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:35 pm

My experience has shown that normally my firewall is blocking the connection.

Are your passwords correct?

Are those ports open and available to the bridge connecting client? Use telnet just to test the connection.

Let me know.

thisjun

Re: I can't connect to local VPN Bridge via VPN Server Manag

Post by thisjun » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:27 am

Please confirm host name is the VPN Bridge host.