SoftEther VPN SERVER on Android

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
cupac

SoftEther VPN SERVER on Android

Post by cupac » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:57 pm

Hello!
I'm wondering if what I'm about to try is possible or if it's a nonsense.

I would like to know if it is possible (and sensible) to install the SERVER soft on my android device.

The point is : my android device is stuck where I live, with a fix IP and I can use it to administrate servers through the internet (there is an ip restriction for them)

I would like to be able, using a computer or my smartphone, to connect to my android device. I would then be able to check some local files but most of all administrate my servers .
For now, when I'm away and have to administrate the servers in a hurry, I have only one solution : get back home.
If I could create a VPN to my android device : no more issue !

So my questions are :
-Do I have to install the SERVER version of SoftEther on my android device or CLIENT would work ? (I cannot stay connected permanently with my smartphone!)
-Does the SERVER version works on Android ?
-Is there another way to sort that out ? I guess that the SERVER has no way to initiate a VPN with a client if nobody's there to accept it ?

(Otherwise if only CLIENT can be installed on Android device, I've come so far as to imaginate connecting to my android through teamviewer (that works), initiating a connection from the CLIENT towards my laptop, stopping teamviewer and hoping that my laptop would then be connected to the Android device though a VPN hence maybe be able to connect to my servers with the android ip. But that sounds like science-fiction !
EDIT : it was science-fiction as teamviewer can be used FROM the android device, but not towards it :( So this trick will not work)

thisjun

Re: SoftEther VPN SERVER on Android

Post by thisjun » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:50 am

Android is one of Linux.
So, you can run the VPN server if you have root account.

Why don't you use Raspbery Pi?

better_man

Post by better_man » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:21 pm

thisjun wrote:
> Android is one of Linux.
> So, you can run the VPN server if you have root account.
>
> Why don't you use Raspbery Pi?
android is not a linux. because of the lib is not the same. vpngate compiled for linux should not run under android.

cmd wh0ami

Post by cmd wh0ami » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:19 pm

Install Busy Box (UNIX tools) and Linux Deploy on the android device and enable SSH. Connect to the android device through SSH and set up softether through the command line.

I installed SoftEther VPN Server on a cheap Android LG Zone 2 phone to use the Cellular connection remotely through VPN. It can be done.

vavy

Post by vavy » Mon May 07, 2018 6:41 am

Can you please write a manual about compiling/configuring/using SoftEther VPN SERVER on Android LG Zone 2 phone ?