Unable to reach internet or gateway from 2:nd site

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Mada

Unable to reach internet or gateway from 2:nd site

Post by Mada » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:46 pm

I can ping site 2 internal clients from site 1.
Clients on all sites gets IP from DHCP.
I can ping site 1 internal clients from site 2.

I can NOT ping gateway or reach internet from site 2.

What am I missing?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thisjun

Re: Unable to reach internet or gateway from 2:nd site

Post by thisjun » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:34 am

Mada

Post by Mada » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:02 pm

Ok, so it is this section?:

"Limitations within the Linux or UNIX operating system prevent communication with IP addresses assigned to the network adapter locally bridged from the VPN side (Virtual Hub side). The cause of this restriction lies with OS's internal kernel codes rather than with the SoftEther VPN. When wishing to communicate in any form with a UNIX computer used for local bridging from the VPN side (Virtual Hub side), (for instance, when running both the VPN Server / VPN Bridge service & the HTTP Server service and wishing to grant access to the server service from the VPN side as well), prepare and connect a local bridge network adapter and physically connect both it and the existing network adapter to the same segment (as explained in 3.6 Local Bridges, it is recommended to prepare a network adapter for exclusive use in local bridging for this and other situations)."

Does this mean I must have one more physical adapter? A TAP device won´t do?

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:05 am

No, it won't.