How would I encrypt VPN traffic?

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
sarge

How would I encrypt VPN traffic?

Post by sarge » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:54 am

Hello,
I have been able to connect to my VPN from outside of my network as well as inside. However, my network traffic is not being encrypted, all the VPN does is put me inside my network when connecting from a remote location. I can see local devices on my home network, but I want the opposite of that. How would I prevent people who connect to my home network via VPN to not see my local network devices and how would I encrypt the traffic so I would be able to access blocked websites on public WiFI? I have tried messing with the relay proxy server, that doesn't seem to be working. If I do need to use the proxy relay option is there anyway I can create my own proxy instead of using public online ones?

Thank you.

sarge

Re: How would I encrypt VPN traffic?

Post by sarge » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:56 pm

Bump. I'll admit, I am new to this VPN stuff. Can someone explain to me how SoftEther VPN works? Does it only allow users to connect to it so you're inside your home network? How I would turn it into a VPN that encrypts your traffic when you connect to it?

Thanks again.

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:27 am

Please use sufficiently complex password to prevent accessing by someone.

What type client did you use to connect to the VPN server?
If you use SoftEther VPN client, internet traffic go through VPN session at default.

sarge

Post by sarge » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:14 am

My goal is to connect to the SoftEther VPN remotely and unblock websites from a public wifi hotspot such as a coffee shop. Let me know if you think this is possible, if not I've already thought of some other program.

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Wed May 10, 2017 6:04 am

Yes, it is possible.
Please set up 'remote access to LAN' type VPN.
http://www.softether.org/4-docs/2-howto ... VPN_to_LAN