Built In Windows 10 Client - Can't Connect

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
triwaves

Built In Windows 10 Client - Can't Connect

Post by triwaves » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:01 pm

Unfortunately I still can't get a windows laptop (with MS client) to connect to one of my VPN servers.

I have one server where the OpenVPN client, Softether Client and Win 10 MS client connects. I duplicated server settings and the 2nd server and it works with OpenVPN and SoftEther Client but not with the Win 10 MS client.

I have duplicated the network settings on the PC and the server settings on the server. I even open up all the ports to eliminate a port forward issue...

So there must be some small difference required somewhere in the server (the laptop is the same). One server is a Raspberry Pi (running Raspian) and the other server is a hosted Ubuntu 16.04 server. The RPI works fine, the ubuntu not.

It seems like the client finds the server but never authenticates and just times out... if I disable encryption it says it authenticates ... but then doesn't do anything and just times out without actually completing the connection. Don't know if this means anything but maybe something with encryption on ubuntu??

Any ideas where to look ? Seems something not too obvious but a detail preventing successful connections with the MS client..

Thanks

thisjun

Re: Built In Windows 10 Client - Can't Connect

Post by thisjun » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:43 am

Did you re-generate the server certificate and import it to the client?

triwaves

Post by triwaves » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:53 pm

I am just using password authentication to keep it easy and get it working first...

nixmomo

Post by nixmomo » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:16 pm

Is there a solution for this issue? It's the same here