Web user authentication

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
andr1717

Web user authentication

Post by andr1717 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:10 pm

Looking for a suggestion on how to handle user registration via web. The current set us is:

SoftEther Server - up and running
FreeRADIUS authentication - pulls users from radius database in MySQL

Everything is on one FreeBSD server and working as expected.

I would like to have user registration lets say on WordPress and once users register they would be able to use a VPN service.

It would probably look something like this:

Wordpress > MySQL > FreeRADIUS > SofthEther

Has anyone done anything similar and have any suggestions? Or maybe there is a better way to do this?

oscar.dc

Re: Web user authentication

Post by oscar.dc » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:02 am

Hello. I do it something like this, but I use Active Directory authentication. I use web app that allow register user directly into AD, and send me a notification with the access that users needs.
I use 1 virtualhub and it were configured for authenticate every user into AD. So when users registered and connected to the softether VPN, can access to public information but need wait for me to allow in the access control list private access restrictions.

web app is for manage users by me and allow users make some change in their profile. i offer in this web information about how to use the clients to connnect to the VPN and control tickets that need users to access to the private information.

I think you can do something like this with FreeRadius too.

andr1717

Post by andr1717 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:35 pm

Thanks for your input, now that I am rethinking about it I could just use LDAP for authentication, don't know why I was stuck with FreeRADIUS option : )

What kind of web app do you use for registration, or did you build it yourself?

oscar.dc

Post by oscar.dc » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:58 am

I build my web app by myself, but exist a lot of solutions LDAP Account Manager Open Source. Maybe if you use one of them you can fix your problems.

andr1717

Post by andr1717 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:31 am

Yeah I will have to look it to LDAP, thanks again