how to connect to a VPN service?

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
rcooke

how to connect to a VPN service?

Post by rcooke » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:57 pm

I want access to a network that has its own VPN server. They give me a user ID and Password.

How do I get SoftEther to connect to it and let everybody on my virtual hub access their network?

I make a virtual hub for them, but how to connect?

And how to get my traffic to use their network?

Do I need to use built in NAT and DHCP, but how to make use of their DHCP information?
Last edited by rcooke on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks in advance!

Rich.

colapig

Re: how to connect to a VPN service?

Post by colapig » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:09 am

you can create a bridge in your vpn server and connect to the vpn server by the login id.

rcooke

Post by rcooke » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:52 pm

Thanks for the replies!

I'm having a little trouble with the documentation. The "Tutorials" seem to be high-level summaries. I don't see explicit instructions.

I have been jumping back and forth in the manual.

Right now, I'm trying to translate "relay" into actual setup steps. I wanted to have an internet relay ability, an account that can use the server to get onto Canada's Internet, but not touch my home network.

The computer running SoftEther is on my network, and only has one NIC.
Thanks in advance!

Rich.

colapig

Post by colapig » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:56 am

You can refer to the topic of lan to lan. The server in Canada act as a vpn server. Another side setup a vpn bridge to connect to the vpn server . One NIC in vpn server is ok for the connection method. You can prohibit users in bridge to access your Canada network if you don't set the local bridge in vpn server side.

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Wed May 10, 2017 7:02 am

Please use SecureNAT for separating home network and VPN and use AccessList for prevent accessing to home network.