VPNCMD.exe connect to server with password

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
major4579

VPNCMD.exe connect to server with password

Post by major4579 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:21 pm

I'm having a problem figuring out how to write a script using VPNCMD to connect to a Softether server with a password.
If I use certificates then the following line works fine:

vpncmd.exe /CLIENT localhost /CMD AccountConnect Server-VPN-Name

But for passwords I would like the script to request the password first and then provide it along with the connect command above. How do I use vpncmd.exe to provide a password when connecting? I've looked at the documentation but it is not clear to me what I should do.

BTW this is in Win 7 Pro.

Using the SoftEtherGUI works fine, I can enter the password and it connects - but I'd really prefer that my users NOT see the GUI - especially since they could save the password for next time. I want them to always have to enter their password.

Thanks,
Marc

major4579

Re: VPNCMD.exe connect to server with password

Post by major4579 » Tue May 02, 2017 11:28 pm

This is what I'm doing but it seems awkward:

Get password into variable $password, then run the following commands:

; Set the password
vpncmd.exe /CLIENT localhost /CMD AccountPasswordSet Server-VPN-Name /password:$password /type:standard
; Connect
vpncmd.exe /CLIENT localhost /CMD AccountConnect Server-VPN-Name
; Clear the password
vpncmd.exe /CLIENT localhost /CMD AccountPasswordSet Server-VPN-Name /password:"" /type:standard

I know this can all be put into a text file and then use the /IN: command line parameter.
What I don't like is setting the password and then having to clear it. Is there a way to enter the password so it will not be retained, and thus be more secure.

Thanks,
Marc