DDNS Name Changes to Old Configuration

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
triwaves

DDNS Name Changes to Old Configuration

Post by triwaves » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:01 pm

Hi - I have several servers and bridges I use for development environment and have a strange problem keeping track of them.

I use softether DDNS feature instead of IP address all the time on all machines.

Say I have "vpn123.softerther.net" on machine A

Then I copy configs, make modifications, select a new DDNS name and create machine "B" with DDNS "vpn456.softether.net"

Machines A and B are shut down at some point, and when I reboot "B" the next time it will change the DDNS to "vpn123.softether.net" conflicting with machine "A". Machine "A" then become unreachable by name.

Why is the cloned & modified machine changing DDNS names back to original and how can I make a DDNS name fixed to never change on reboot, restart, etc?

Thanks!

BTW, not sure this is 100% true but seems to happen when the power is cycled (i.e. not graceful shutdown of Machine B)

thisjun

Re: DDNS Name Changes to Old Configuration

Post by thisjun » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:19 am

I think the DDNS key are same.
Please try to delete the DDNS key of host B.

triwaves

Re: DDNS Name Changes to Old Configuration

Post by triwaves » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:24 pm

That was the issue, when copying an instance or image need to wipe the key and boot to get a new one. Thanks