Softether Office-Office with 3 VLANS

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
scubawarm

Softether Office-Office with 3 VLANS

Post by scubawarm » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:29 am

Been struggling with this all weekend, and before I throw in the towel and redo my network and just use OpenVPN I wanted to ask if what I am trying to do is possible. Want to just have one big network same subnets and VLANS. Just used bridges at this point.

Trying to connect two offices that are with the same telco fairly offices fairly close together.

10.1.10.X for hardware, and functions to control it.
10.3.10.X for users and servers
10.4.10.X for phones

The phone one would just be a plus.

Trying to run ubuntu softether servers under Hyper-V 2016.

Following the manual I can see most all the machines on both sides of the 10.1 network, via the softether GUI but can not seem to ping anything on the other side. Pulling my hair out to even get the .1 network to work.
(May be a switch port to router port issue). If that is the case and I get the 10.1 talking what will I need to do to get the 10.3 talking too? Are there things to do on the router other then main ports forwarded?

Thanks much for any and all leads.

scubawarm

Re: Softether Office-Office with 3 VLANS

Post by scubawarm » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:07 pm

OK Got the default no vLAN working complete. the 10.1.10.X
(Stupid thing of not hitting the + beside the network adapter for the VM in settings so you can get to the advance settings and turn on spoofing)

Then did this from another thread on here on both server and bridge machine.
Set-VMNetworkAdapterVlan -Trunk -AllowedVlanIdList "1,3,4,..." -VMName "VMName" -NativeVlanId 0

Which instantly let me see the MAC addresses in the MAC list but not the IP numbers? Now I am stumped. Has to be something simple. anyone?