Site-to-Site VPNs (transparent to endpoint)

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
antean

Site-to-Site VPNs (transparent to endpoint)

Post by antean » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:37 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm a network engineer though I'm pretty new to SoftEther and wanted to discuss a scenario I'm trying to build in my lab.

What I'm trying to accomplish is a multisite to multisite VPN connections.
Site 1 to Site 2-3
Site 2 to Site 1-3
Site 3 to Site 1-2
Where Site 1 is also the HQ and all sites need to send all traffic to Site 1 as a default route.
Optional ; Site 2 should be the backup HQ for Site 3... So if S1 connection fails, S3 should send all traffic to S2.

Also; No endpoint configuration should be changed... So, the default gateway needs to remain the same.
I'm trying to use the instructions in this link.
https://www.softether.org/4-docs/1-manu ... P_Routing)

Is it doable? am I on the right path? Should I use the SoftEther Bridge package or the server package or both for this?

In terms of scalability and performance, the docs say 4096 connections can be supported per server... Does a single site-to-site VPN count as a single connection? What type of performance metrics should be considered for such site-to-site scenarios?

Also, does SoftEther has support for encryption hardware (such as the ones in enterprise grade hardware based solutions.. Cisco's encryption card on ISR series for instance) to minimize the load on CPU and memory?

I know I asked a lot though there's one more :) Is there a tested docker version of SoftEther server?

Thanks a lot to whoever decides to respond to so many questions in advance.
Ant

thisjun

Re: Site-to-Site VPNs (transparent to endpoint)

Post by thisjun » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:07 am

I think changing default gateway is impossible without changing configuration of these endpoints.
What do you think about it?