"Update list failed"

Post your questions about VPN Gate Academic Experiment Service here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
isiahvic

"Update list failed"

Post by isiahvic » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:39 am

Hi , i've never had a problem with this vpn software before so this is the first time i'm experiencing this . I live in singapore and i'm using a windows 7 64bit pc . The vpn software has a bold text saying "99 Servers (at 2014-11-23 15:44:24) - List update failed . Try again. If fails again , download the latest VPN gate client ." I've already reinstalled the vpn game client from the website and rebooted my computer but it still tells me the same thing when i try to refresh . There are servers present however they can't be connected as whenever i try to connect to one , an error pops up instantly (Code:2) . Please help me ! thanks

BoredAus

Re: "Update list failed"

Post by BoredAus » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:40 am

Have you tried temporarily disabling all firewalls to see if the same problem still exist?

isiahvic

Post by isiahvic » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:05 am

Ohmy that worked instantly . thankyou so much ! i've always had my firewall off , wonder why it turned on by itself lol . thanks !

BoredAus

Post by BoredAus » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:00 pm

Best to reconfigure the firewall so that it would tailor you more. I wouldn't personally go without the firewall enabled, it is at it's best for emergency or troubleshooting services to disable firewall temporarily and find out what or where is the culprit.

BoredAus

Post by BoredAus » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:21 am

Have you tried disabling all the firewalls? routers these days have firewalls built-in but are largely unconfigured other than to block basic attacks.

If after disabling all the firewalls still fails, try connecting to any of the VPN Gate servers manually by hand. That is, add the information of the server into your SoftEther VPN client manager and see if you can connect. Try at least 5 different servers that does not reside in the same country as you choose and use varied method, such as OpenVPN and SSTP, etc.