VPN Gate server entry misconfigured?

Post your questions about VPN Gate Academic Experiment Service here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
robertotomas

VPN Gate server entry misconfigured?

Post by robertotomas » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:57 pm

there's a vpn server I'd like to connect to that came up in the list refresh today, but it is failing to connect. This is the first server I've failed to connect to without even getting the choice of TCP or UDP connections. It is from a country I don't often see, and I am certain that I would like to use this connection.

the server is vpn726145757

is there a way to diagnose the problem? when I copied the connection details into a new connection entry (in the client manager), the Status field says "Offline" —but it just showed up in the list! It seems unlikely.

thanks,

roberto

BoredAus

Re: VPN Gate server entry misconfigured?

Post by BoredAus » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:15 am

There is no real way of being able to diagnose the problem without knowing the actual IP address of the host and some knowledge of networking. Even at that, diagnosis from your side may not be accurate without knowing what actually happened to the host.

I think the host that you tried to connect to was probably experimenting with their server setup and at the time you tried to connect they went offline, that is they turned their VPNGate service off. There might also be the case of networking issue between you and that VPNGate host which are generally deemed as external factors in which are uncontrollable let alone unforeseeable.

Volunteers come and go as they please, if it is not that then it is the external factors that are namely to be blamed.