best config for powerful security vpn

Post your questions about VPN Gate Academic Experiment Service here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
m3hrd4d2

best config for powerful security vpn

Post by m3hrd4d2 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:46 am

Hi all dear

Pleas tell me the best config for full encrypt

No one can spy me this very important

Regard

BoredAus

Re: best config for powerful security vpn

Post by BoredAus » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:39 am

Your level of paranoia is best off spent on educating yourself on both networking and security. By then you would be better off knowing what is the best setup for anonymity online. Public VPN's are no real guarantee of complete anonymity.

V3x

Post by V3x » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:58 am

The encryption thats used on a vpn is dictated by the vpn servers config not your config so you honestly might be better off using tor since its more secure or even use a proxy chain.

BoredAus

Post by BoredAus » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:13 am

Even if the 'best' encryption is used on the VPN server, the connection between your VPN server and the websites you intend to visit may not be encrypted fully. The encryption set on VPN server is only for your communication with the VPN server. Thus, the anonymity between you and the internet is only a skin deep if using just one VPN server.

Again, go study networking and security. Especially on the topic of proxy.

m3hrd4d2

Post by m3hrd4d2 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:36 pm

Tnx all for help
But i mean the best protocol wait full security and encrypted
Tnq

BoredAus

Post by BoredAus » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:08 am

There are no best protocol, each one has their own benefits as well as their own weaknesses.

Full security and encryption depends on how your individual nodes are setup, starting from your computer working all the way to the last node that exits out to your internet. That is, if you use VPN with only one server, you only have your computer and that one VPN server to worry about. The more connections there are either in between or appended to the end, the more extra concerns depending on your needs. Concerns such as latency issues and/or network issues. I am not willing to sit through explaining each and every bit of it when there are information that are mostly freely available on the internet or even libraries.

There is another funny side of the story. If your IP address is statically assigned on the internet and you are the only one using it, it is easier for you to lose your anoymity. So there is another food for thought. The terms 'security' and 'encryption' are pretty vague/broad and could easily mean you want 'anonymity'.

Again, this is not something that can be simply explained without studying. There are plenty of documentations, informations, etc online. The more paranoia you assert the lesser needs for you to look at public solutions such as VPN Gate whose sole purpose is not to provide anonymity but to give people in censored countries access to some form of liberation pending on the volunteer and their country's specific regulations. There are plenty of ways to potentially gain anonymity and all but without studying networking and security, you would just end up going around in circles.

Besides, I think this thread is slowly becoming irrelevant for this part of the forum. Most paranoid people would definitely be looking into paid VPN services or elsewhere where at least there maybe some sort of guaranteed sense of privacy.