No internet in VPN Tunnel

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Lord Farhad

No internet in VPN Tunnel

Post by Lord Farhad » Mon May 06, 2013 3:55 am

Hi,

I recently installed SofEther server on my 2008 R2 VPS, followed the wizard (Selected site to site vpn) and created a bridge with my VMware's virtual nic, created a test user with user/pass authentication method and tested the server setting by connecting from my own desktop PC.

the connection established with no problem, IP assigned by PIPA and everything seemed normal, but there was no internet in the established tunnel.

I also tried enabling SecureNAT / DHCP to somewhat copy RRAS vpn configuration, still no internet in the tunnel.

is there any special configuration to enable VPN users to access the WAN side (internet) of server? should I create a loopback adapter or something? or this problem caused by promiscuous mode?

kindly please suggest a solution. if you need anymore information for helping me troubleshoot this don't hesitate to ask me.

more info:

Environment: Vmware ESXi VPS
OS: windows server 2008 R2 with no rules enabled (NO RRAS)
Softeher VPN Server: Latest version in standalone mode.
Network: A single Virtual NIC with Public IP

Lord Farhad

Re: No internet in VPN Tunnel

Post by Lord Farhad » Tue May 07, 2013 11:36 am

Well after disabling the bridge and enabling the Secure-NAT only, I have internet in the VPN tunnel now.

the problem is the Secure-NAT feature: it is using too much CPU resources, my CPU usage is now usually at 100% and nearly unresponsive.

is it possible to use RRAS's NAT function for this propose? can somebody please help me on this one?