Can't connect to server

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
kh_tsang

Re: Can't connect to server

Post by kh_tsang » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:14 am

try to remove and reinatall the server

naba78

Post by naba78 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:43 pm

SoftEther VPN Server can have and run plural Virtual HUBs. All vpnservers has a VirtualHUB called "DEFAULT" first.

The vpnclient connect to a Virtual HUB running at vpnserver (such as: 'DEFAULT'). You need to set your username and password for the Virtual HUB, and to set your username, password and the Virtual HUB name for vnpclient.

> The server is running in Virtual HUB Admin Mode.
The server manager for vpnserver supports two operation modes (called Virtual HUB admin mode and Server admin mode), but those modes are unrelated to connect vpnclient to vpnserver.

naba78

Post by naba78 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:16 pm

MastaChief11 wrote:
> Thanks for your help. I had to create a new user by changing the mode and doing the
> initial config.
>
> I was wondering though, in the SoftEther control panel, there is a setting labeled
> IPsec/L2TP Setting. I set a password for it and I checked off "Enable L2TP
> Server Function (L2TP over IPsec). Then I set a password for it, but it doesn't
> require me to enter that password, only the password I used to log-on to the server.
> How can I test that the data I send online is encrypted (I know very little about
> Wireshark).
I'm sorry my little English... What do you want to use client/protocol?

All SoftEther(PacketiX, UT-VPN) clients have an option to choose a Virtual HUB, but non-SoftEther clients don't have it.

The function compatible with non-softether protocol in vpnserver provide translation between non-SoftEther client and Virtual HUBs.
for example, this function provide a method to choose virtual hub via username, for L2TP over IPsec, non-encrypted L2TP, OpenVPN, MS-SSTP.
for example, if you want to use "EtherIP" or "L2TPv3 over IPsec", you need to set ISAKMP Phase 1 ID / Virtual HUB name / username + password to vpnserver.

The case which I tried, my android L2TP client don't get IP address from physical-DHCP server via Virtual HUB / L2 bridge. In this case, android L2TP client does display message encryption error.
If you have same problem, you able to use SecureNAT DHCP server.
https://www.softether.org/index.php?tit ... VPN_Server

naba78

Post by naba78 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:41 pm

Thank you for your supplementary explanation.

Do you want to see encrypted packets at Wireshark?
If your packets are encrypted(use L2TP/IPsec), I think you can look some protocol packets: ESP, ISAKMP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

naba78

Post by naba78 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:45 pm

I think that this packet you chose is non-encrypted and you chose the packet wrong.

Did you set proper filter at wireshark?
I showed to you example filter at images. (but, this may be insufficient in this case because I know very little wireshark, too...)